Previously, we have posted the average GRE scores for a few universities in the U.S. in 2 parts:
In today’s edition, you will see the average GRE scores for North Carolina State University (NCSU). NC State offers one of top ranked engineering programs in the entire U.S.
It’s located near the Research Triangle Park. Duke University, UNC, Chapel Hill and NCSU form that triangle.
Average GRE Scores UNC
The scores below are listed in the following order (GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + Analytical) for North Carolina State University.
- Computer Science: 469 + 704 + 4.2
- Chemical Engineering: 485 + 727 + 4.3
- Electrical Engineering: 461 + 728 + 4.1
- Biological Sciences: 491 + 632 + 4.4
- Civil Engineering: 457 + 702 + 4.2
- Mechanical Engineering: 467 + 723 + 4.2
- English Language: 589 + 552 + 4.9
An interesting thing one can notice in the above average GRE scores is how the English language graduate students score in the GRE Verbal, Quantitative and Analytical writing tests.
It’s very clear that someone with an English background can out-score non-English native speaking engineering students in the GRE Verbal by over 100 to 120 points.
But scores in Math sections reflect their lack of good mathematical skills, which some international students are known to excel in.