Beyond the MBA Hype – A guide to Understanding and Surviving B-Schools by Sameer Kamat.
Take my word – Buy this book.
It doesn’t matter whether you are applying for MBA or MS to UK or USA or any other countries.
Concepts discussed in this book is Must Read for any Indian student thinking about Higher Education in foreign countries.
Table of Contents
- Why go for an MBA
- The application process
- MBA Industry
- How to Improve your MBA profile for Top
Each and every page has information that you cannot overlook.
Highlights of this Book
This book is written by Sameer – An MBA Graduate from University of Cambridge with several years of IT and Management experience.
- Top Business schools preferred by Indian Students
- Indian Students approach towards Networking (and its flaws)
- Universities profile vs Students FIT
- Detailed explanation of skills required to be successful in B Schools
- Students want to do MBA for various reasons (Money, Job Change, Business, …) Each options are discussed in-depth.
- In Appendix B – Sameer talks about his typical day as an MBA student. Day starts at 6:30 AM and ends at 11 PM what happen in between.
- Much more…
Beyond the MBA Hype costs about Rs 175.
Value that you will gain from this book is much more that what you pay for this book.
Even though book is about MBA, concepts discussed apply directly to MS and PhD admission.
I spoke to Sameer recently over the phone, we have exchanged several emails. I asked him to send me a copy of his book, so I can read and write about it. I gained so much valuable information about MBA admission process to Top Business school.
While I was doing Masters, I did the same mistakes described in Networking Chapter. But, I was quick to identify those mistakes and fix them.
Very likely you are going to repeat the same mistakes.
Do yourself a favor. Skip couple of movies and use that money to buy Beyond the MBA Hype.
I have received several emails from prospective students, asking if MBA is right for them (some of them hate programming and others want a short route be a manager)
Beyond the MBA Hype will answer most of your questions about MBA and business schools admission.