F1 Visa students in USA have 2 possible options to work in USA while attending school or right after graduation.
- On Campus Employment
- Off-Campus Employment
Lets explore in detail about both On and Off Campus employment.
Students with an I-20, attending the University are eligible to work on the campus.
Students transferring to the University must have their SEVIS record transferred and possess a I-20 to be eligible to work on the campus.
- Off Campus Work Permission Based on Unforeseen Financial Change (Limited Eligibility)
- Curricular Practical Training (CPT)
- Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- 17-Month Extension for Post-Completion Optional Practical Training (OPT)
All off-campus work requires work authorization. This includes:
- Required, paid internships off the campus
- Summer off-campus employment