I’m putting together a new course – Getting Hired in USA – Job Search Guide for F1 Visa students.
You may have read that Rocky applied for 500 internships and received not even a single offer (Q&A : Job Opportunities for Mechanical Engineers in USA). Students reading such experience from India are having doubts and they are second guessing their decision to Study in America.
So, I’m creating this course – Getting Hired, that will show the current job market in USA for several fields and how to find a job without going through a painful process.
I want to create the course based on your inputs and suggestions.
Here is the overview of the course content. Can you suggest what other section do you like to be included in this course?
Getting Hired – Course Outline
- While in College
- Full Time Jobs
- Importance of Internships
- How to find internships
- When to apply for internships
- What if you don’t get internships?
- F1 Visa Rules and CPT
How to find a job
- Overview about Job Search Process
- How to prepare for job search
- Campus Placements?
- Several Job Search Methods
- When to start searching for jobs
- How long to find a job
- OPT Rules
- OPT unemployment period
- When to start applying for Full Time Jobs
- How to find job without work experience
- What is branding
- How to build brand
- Online Reputation
- Why branding matters
- Why social networking
- How to use Social Networking to your advantage
- Which networks to use?
- How to use LinkedIn like a Pro
- How to use Facebook
- How to use Twitter
- Other Tools
- Resume Format
- Resume Page Length
- Resume Crafting
- Resume Review
F1 Visa to OPT to H1B
- H1B Overview
- H1B quota
- H1B Application process
- Full Time Employer vs H1B
- Consulting company vs H1B
- OPT Extension – STEM
- My job search experience(s)
- My lest job search lasted only for 2 Days before I got a offer
- How I got a job without even applying for a job
- Job Search organization
I like to improve the course contents based on your feedback.
Leave your suggestions in the comments section below. Thanks.