I have been reading your blogs pretty much regularly, and I think you are the expert who can help me with my problem. Please I’m desperate and anxious and hope you would help me.
- GRE score : Verbal 150, Quant 161, Writing 3.0
- Degree CGPA : 8.65 BE in Electronics from Punjab Engineering College, India (reputed college)
- 12th standard: 89.6%
- 10th standard: 91.5 %
- No research papers or big projects undertaken
I use to think my profile was pretty descent and I applied
- Texas A&M College Station,
- University of Maryland College Park,
- University of Florida (though I also thought of applying in UCLA but didn’t).
All I got was rejection from these colleges and I do not know the correct reason for it, whether it was because of my GRE score or something else.
Please help me determine what is lacking and how is it that I can really work on the challenges.
Why Graduate Schools Reject Applicants
Yesterday we looked at similar scenario when someone got rejections from all 6 universities for PhD in Human Genetics.
- When your Graduate School application is rejected, you need to ask the following questions.
- Did you select universities where you can actually get admission?
- Did you apply to safe universities or all dream/ambitious universities?
- Did you copy your SOP or write a unique SOP?
- Did you have previous research experience (typically not the case with students from India)
- How about the selectivity of the program?
- Did you happen to send all the application materials?
For instance, the person who sent the above question falls under #2, #3 and #5.