First of all sincerest appreciation to you for having started a blog like this where everyone can get their queries addressed. I would like to know if there is any advantage in paying a high tuition in a highly ranked college when it comes to getting a job in the US as such i understand there are no campus placements.
Also is there any advantage/disadvantage when applying for the spring intakes vs the fall. – Ajeez
High vs Low Ranked University
Advantage of studying in high ranked university can be compared to driving the cars – Camry vs BMW vs Ferrari.
- If you drive Camry, you will go unnoticed on the road.
- While driving BMW, person driving Camry will look upto you.
- If you drive Ferrari, both drivers of Camry and BMW will look at you.
But all 3 cars will take you to the destination. Now do you see the difference between studying in High vs Low ranked university?
Companies will come to campus to recruit students in Top universities. Even if you apply for a job, your resume will have more value, just for the brand name of the university. You must be willing to pay the price for that.
Even if you study in low profile (ranked) university, you can find a job and be awesome.
But, how do yo do that?
There are 2 ways to do that.
- What Best College Students Do (Book)
- Remember the Outliers – 10,000 Hour Rule (Amazon Link)
- You have to build a brand to to market yourself