Question from Anshul
- My H1-B was filed using I129 in November, 2011.
- Got an Approval Status on March, 2012
- However I left my employer who had filed my petition in February 2012 to join a new company
- Can the new company utilize my approved petition?
- I only have the receipt number with me.
H1B Transfer Without I-797
After reading few forums and Immigration Attorney Questions and answers, looks like you can apply for H1B Transfer (in reality its New H1B Visa application, not counted towards the cap) with the receipt number alone.
- Learn about H1 Visa 2013
Your new company Immigration attorney should be able to answer this questions.
If you get your H1B from new company just by using the receipt number from previous approved H1B without I-797 approval notice, can you let us know if that worked?
Good luck with your H1B Transfer to new company.