Applications from International students for Graduate Schools in US increased 11% this year.
Survey was published by Council of Graduate Schools.
11% increase in application is the the largest percentage increase since 2006.
Last year the gain was 3% and the year before there was a 1% drop.
The highest increase in number of admitted applicants are for students from China.
- Number of students from China increased by 23%
- Number of Students from India increased by 8%
Change in Graduate School Applications
Following table shows the change in Graduate School applications for last few years.
Summary of the Survey Report
- Applications to U.S. graduate schools from prospective international students increased 11% between 2010 and 2011.
- The rate of increase for fall 2011 outpaced that of the last four years
- Applications from prospective graduate students from India increased 8%
- Applications from South Korea increased 2% in 2011
- Largest Programs
- Physical and earth sciences (up 15%)
- Engineering (up 14%).
- Smallest increase in international applications in 2011 occurred in social sciences & psychology (5%).
- China have increased by 11% to 21% each year for the past six years.