When you watch this interview, you are going to feel how a student is supposed to study and experience the American Education and Lifestyle in this President Trump’s Era.
Introduction to Preyksha:
I’m a graduate student in the Department of Electrical Engineering at the University of Texas at Tyler. I commenced my Master’s at UT Tyler in spring 2017. I completed my undergraduate in Electronics and Communication Engineering from SRM University, India in May 2016.
Thereafter, I worked with Cognizant Technology Solutions as a Programmer Analyst prior to coming to the US. I moved out of my hometown at 17, and have lived in three cities i.e. Delhi, Chennai and Hyderabad and traveled extensively in every direction in India, except for the Northeast.
At the University of Texas at Tyler, I serve as an Executive Board member and treasurer of the Graduate Student Association (GSA).
I was one of the founding members of GSA, which aims to integrate graduate student population on campus and collaborate with organizations in the university as well as Tyler and Dallas area to give graduate students the opportunity to make connections with professionals.
I was also nominated for the Emerging Leader Award, at the Student Life and Leadership Awards for spring 2017.
You can watch or listen to her interview below.
Watch the Interview:
If you prefer to Audio version of the interview:
[smart_track_player url=”https://soundcloud.com/askhappyschools/033-interview-with-preyksha-from-ut-tyler-ms-in-electrical-engineering” ]
List of Topics discussed in the Interview
- Why should you study abroad
- How to shortlist U.S. universities for Graduate School
- How to finalize the university to attend after admission.
- Why she chose to study in University of Texas at Tyler for Masters in Electrical Engineering
- The importance of networking and how to go about it.
- The Graduate Student Association at the University of Texas at Tyler, the work we have done till now and future plans.
- How to manage time as a graduate student and maintain impeccable grades while juggling multiple tasks?
- The importance of unwinding and taking care of oneself.