Immigration Reform Executive Action Announcement by President Obama
It’s coming. Immigration Reform is finally coming in the form on Executive Action. Watch the news tomorrow 8 PM EST.
This country have waited for so many years for this Immigration Reform.
President Obama is taking matters into his own hands due to lack of action from U.S. House Republicans.
Here’s the official Update from The White House
Our immigration system has been broken for decades — and every minute we fail to act, millions of people who live in the shadows but want to play by the rules and pay taxes have no way to live right by the law and contribute to our country.
So tomorrow night, President Obama will address the nation to lay out the executive actions he’s taking to fix our broken immigration system. You can watch the President live tomorrow night at 8 p.m. ET at WhiteHouse.gov/Live.
Most of the nation is waiting for what proposals will be included to deal with Illegal Immigration and preventing deportations.
But, High Skilled immigration community is waiting to hear about proposals that will get rid of long wait times to get green card, H-1B lottery elimination, EAD for H-4 visa holders, etc.
Here’s some possible proposals that President Obama can include for High Skilled Immigration Reforms
- Allow applicants to apply for EAD after I-140 approvals ( instead of I-485)
- Applicants to get Immigration documents directly from, so employers can’t control the date of workers ( like what IT consultants do now).
- Changes to Green Card process, so emploee can change employers and continue with teh process withotu starting all over again.
- Allow both spouse to use same priority Date between primary applicant’s Employment Based green card process.
- Allow immigrants to start companies and work for their own companies by removing current restructions
- Publish EAD for H4 visa holders rule.
- Recapture ununsed Green Card from past years.
- Don’t count all family members for Visa numbers.
That’s some of the possible proposal Legal High Skilled Immigration community is expecting President to include in his Executive Action on Immigration Reform.
I will update this thread as we get more updates about Presidents Obama’s Executive Action on Immigration Reform.
Who will this impact?
Pretty much any high skilled immigration who are in USA and planning to study in America or work in America. Are You excited about this news?
Share this with your friends.
Updated : I will be recording a video interview about President’s Announcement on Friday with Immigration Attorney. Post your questions after watching the event tonight at 8 PM here in the blog.