I am Rahul from Hyd. I want to Go for FALL 2013 MS after ECE.
- B.Tech [Electronics and Communications Engg.] — 65% 7 Backlogs
- GRE – 300 [Q-158 , V-142]
- IELTS – Yet to be Taken
- 20 + Merit Positions at all Tech fest at Project Presentations and Robotics which Includes IITs, IIIT, NIT, BITs
Doing and did some Courses [CS] on Platforms like Coursera, Udacity [Un-Proctored exams]
I want the best University with LOW Tuition Fee and all Possible Funding options and pursue MS-CS and get settled at S/w Tech Jobs.
- But many are saying VISA will be prob. if we wish to change your Course being from ECE.
- Do I need to do some Pre-requisite Courses to be able to do Master CS, If so how many courses do i need to complete.
As I want to keep the expenses LOW, I want to avoid the Pre-Req’s , which I believe would Increase my Tuition fee from the normal ones.
In such a case I would go for EE only. I have the Same Interest for EE also, but ultimately I want work as S/W Guy. Please help me and suggest Universities for my Profile – both for EE n CS
MS After ECE
As you have mentioned about your intent to switch to CS field for your higher education, you will not find any trouble with the admissions and visa process provided you are firm with your decision.
Bring in all facts to justify the reason behind making this change.
As far as expenses are concerned, it is possible to choose Universities which are cost effective and lie within your budget. For this check the below post link. You will be able to decide better on making right choice for the Universities.
For further suggestions you can always get back to us!
You can apply for MS in CS till April of 2013. Longer you delay, lower number of universities will have admission deadlines open.
You will have few Pre-requisite Courses ( 3+) depending on your university where you get admission and your BE courses.