Educational Testing Service (ETS) has introduced its Online GRE Score reporting feature. It makes reporting GRE scores to additional schools much easier.
You need, however, to have a credit card to report the scores using the new Online GRE Score Reporting tool. I had previously written in detail about GRE Score Reporting.
This development, i.e., the recent introduction of the ETS Online GRE Score forwarding, will make GRE score reporting and forwarding far easier.
Score Reporting Time – After GRE Test
Based on test format, the score reporting time varies.
- Computer Based GRE Exam – 10 to 15 days after you take the test
- Paper Based Exam – About 6 weeks after exam date
The above two options are for scores reported to schools at the end of the exam.
Additional GRE Score Reporting
Usually, students have no clue on which school they will attend. So they typically end up selecting 4 schools they have only heard about through friends.
After the final list of schools is selected, the GRE scores have to be reported to those universities. Scores can be reported through 3 different ways:
- Online GRE Score Reporting
- Mail or Fax
Online Score Reporting
ETS has recently started this service. This is a more convenient way for forwarding GRE scores to U.S. universities. You will need a credit card to use this service.
- For faster processing, order ASRs online.
- Credit card only (American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, or VISA).
- Once a request is submitted, it cannot be cancelled.
- Score reports will be mailed to you and to your designated institutions approximately five business days after your request.
- $20 for each recipient of GRE score.
Mail or Fax
- Download and complete the Additional Score Report Form (PDF) or use the form found in the center of the Bulletin.
- Mail it with the fee to the address in the form.
- Requests are processed within 10 business days after receipt.
- Faxed requests are accepted if you pay by credit card (American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, or VISA). The fax number is 1-610-290-8975.
- Once a request and fee are mailed or faxed, they cannot be canceled, changed, or refunded.
- $20 for each score recipient is forwarded.
- Scores will be mailed twice per month in CDs to U.S. universities
- Scores will be mailed 5 days after you call ETS
- Depending on how universities receive the scores – Mail or CD time varies.
- $12 additional fee for using Phone Service
- $20 for each score recipient score is forwarded.
Which is Best?
I would go with the Online GRE Score Reporting feature. Since it’s far easier and there’s no need to pay the additional $12 to use the phone. Scores are forwarded at same processing time as via phone.
Note – Some of the points above were copied from ETS site. Please refer to GRE Site for more details.