I have done BSC and MCA from university of pune and planning for MS in CS. I need transcripts for us universities admission. I found it on my University website but I am confused with the options as to which option I should apply for?

The options available are as follows:

  • Duplicate Degree Certificate
  • Duplicate Passing Certificate
  • Duplicate Statement of Marks
  • Rank Certificate
  • Special Certificate
  • Migration Certificate
  • Certificate Attestation

Please help choosing the right option which could be produce as my transcripts.

Transcripts for US universities

Among all possible options available, you most importantly require duplicate statement of marks. In India transcripts are called in different names. In your university, its stated as Statement of Marks.

Likewise other universities will call them as just Mark Sheets.

If possible get your duplicate degree certificate as well in addition to transcripts for us universities.

The idea behind getting your semester wise statement of marks is to help US Universities evaluate the courses completed and the credits earned in each course.

You can check for detailed information on Transcripts in Indian Universities here:  University Transcripts

Some schools require transcripts to be evaluated by certain companies. WES is one such company that provides transcripts for USA college admission.

Transcripts Format for US Universities

There is not specific format. Refer to the link above for detailed instructions on how to get transcripts for US college admission.

Sometimes, schools will ask for official transcripts from colleges.

From India, its not possible to get official transcripts ( replica of your current transcripts). So, you will get xerox (photocopy) and then have the university sign and seal it.


  1. Baishali kakati on October 15, 2015 at 10:22 AM

    I need transcript for admission in us university. I did my college from MS Ramaiah college of law, Bangalore India.

    • Raghuram Sukumar on October 15, 2015 at 10:26 AM

      You should get it from your university’s registrar office.

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.