If you are planning to apply for Graduate School in USA, you must have a look at Graduate programs offered at University of Texas at Tyler.
Here are few interesting facts about UT Tyler.
- Tuition Fees
- Research & Financial Aid
- On Campus Jobs
- Admission Requirements ( GRE, TOEFL/IELTS)
- Campus Safety
- The tuition at UT Tyler is already one of the lowest in the state of Texas.
Academic Year 2012-2013
|One Academic Year||Summer Session and One Academic Year|
|Tuition & fees||$12,406 ($6203/semester)||$15,993 (summer $4,091)|
|Room & Board||$10288||$12,346|
|Books & Supplies||$993||$1324|
Research and Financial Aid
- Graduate students still have a number of financial support opportunities: students who receive a Departmental Scholarship, New Graduate Student Scholarship, graduate assistantship, teaching assistantship, or research assistantship are eligible to pay in-state tuition, which represents a substantial savings.
- UT Tyler has over $30 million in research funding, which means professors need assistants to help them with their research. Graduate students working with professors can lead to scientific and technological innovations.
Internships and Jobs
- Growing number of Internship and CPT opportunities.
- Most internships are paid positions and students will be able to gain valuable on-the-job experience with a US company.
- Over 70 companies attend our on-campus career fairs during fall and spring semesters to hire UT Tyler graduates.
- On-campus job opportunities are also available to international students.
- Just over 70% of international graduate students at UT Tyler are from India. The most popular degree programs with Indian students are Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Management, Human Resource Development, MBA, and Mathematics.
- The Indian Student Association at UT Tyler has a Facebook page www.facebook.com/ISAUTT where they answer a lot of the questions prospective student have about coming to UT Tyler.
- The city of Tyler has a low cost of living with affordable housing within walking distance of campus.
Score Requirements for Admission
- GRE Scores: Typical ranges for current students are V+Q 290+ and the minimum GRE scores desired are:
- Quantitative – 150+
- Verbal – 135+
- Analytical Writing – 2.5+
- The formula for consideration in the MBA program is GPA (Grade point average on a 4.0 scale) x 200 + GMAT = 1000 or greater.
- UT Tyler has a highly trained police department that patrols the campus around the clock.
- Officers routinely provide services such as vehicle jump-starts, unlocking vehicles, and personal escorts for students leaving campus buildings after hours.
- Students can call the police dispatch to request an escort.
- UT Tyler police are involved in crime prevention and awareness programs conducted throughout campus
New Comments Policy Please use the Happy Schools Forums to post your Questions. Use the Comments Section to add value or contriute to the Article, not for Q&A. Questions posted in the Comments section will be Deleted.