If you are planning to apply for Graduate School in USA, you must have a look at Graduate programs offered at University of Texas at Tyler.
Here are few interesting facts about UT Tyler.
- Tuition Fees
- Research & Financial Aid
- On Campus Jobs
- Admission Requirements ( GRE, TOEFL/IELTS)
- Campus Safety
- The tuition at UT Tyler is already one of the lowest in the state of Texas.
Academic Year 2012-2013
|One Academic Year||Summer Session and One Academic Year|
|Tuition & fees||$12,406 ($6203/semester)||$15,993 (summer $4,091)|
|Room & Board||$10288||$12,346|
|Books & Supplies||$993||$1324|
Research and Financial Aid
- Graduate students still have a number of financial support opportunities: students who receive a Departmental Scholarship, New Graduate Student Scholarship, graduate assistantship, teaching assistantship, or research assistantship are eligible to pay in-state tuition, which represents a substantial savings.
- UT Tyler has over $30 million in research funding, which means professors need assistants to help them with their research. Graduate students working with professors can lead to scientific and technological innovations.
Internships and Jobs
- Growing number of Internship and CPT opportunities.
- Most internships are paid positions and students will be able to gain valuable on-the-job experience with a US company.
- Over 70 companies attend our on-campus career fairs during fall and spring semesters to hire UT Tyler graduates.
- On-campus job opportunities are also available to international students.
- Just over 70% of international graduate students at UT Tyler are from India. The most popular degree programs with Indian students are Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Management, Human Resource Development, MBA, and Mathematics.
- The Indian Student Association at UT Tyler has a Facebook page www.facebook.com/ISAUTT where they answer a lot of the questions prospective student have about coming to UT Tyler.
- The city of Tyler has a low cost of living with affordable housing within walking distance of campus.
Score Requirements for Admission
- GRE Scores: Typical ranges for current students are V+Q 290+ and the minimum GRE scores desired are:
- Quantitative – 150+
- Verbal – 135+
- Analytical Writing – 2.5+
- The formula for consideration in the MBA program is GPA (Grade point average on a 4.0 scale) x 200 + GMAT = 1000 or greater.
- UT Tyler has a highly trained police department that patrols the campus around the clock.
- Officers routinely provide services such as vehicle jump-starts, unlocking vehicles, and personal escorts for students leaving campus buildings after hours.
- Students can call the police dispatch to request an escort.
- UT Tyler police are involved in crime prevention and awareness programs conducted throughout campus