As soon as your flight lands in USA, the feeling you will go through is something that cannot be described with mere words.
- 38 Things you will experience after arriving in USA ( for the first time )
If this is going to be your first trip, then you will be in cloud 9.
After long years of preparation, dreaming, and hard work, you have finally reached the land of opportunity. For some, it will be your trip for attending college and for others it can be a short trip as tourist or for business.
Put a check on the emotions that you will be going through at the port of entry and get ready to do the following important things:
- Gather all your items and carry on bag from the flight.
- Make sure you have all the legal documents handy.
- First Stop : Clear immigration.
- Then : Proceed to baggage claim area and pickup your suitcases.
- Clear customs.
- If you have a connecting flight, proceed to check-in you bags again
- If it’s the final destination, wait for your pickup.
- Greet the person with smile who comes to pick you from airport. (sorry if you have to take a cab!)
- Help them to load suitcase in the car.
- Enjoy the fresh air and smell of this new place.
- Let them take you to your place of stay and then inquire how can you call back home.
Steps 1 to 6 is explained in detail this article – From Port of Entry to Connecting Flight in USA
Now that you have reached your university (if you are a student), you can sit back and relax.
Don’t sleep in the middle of the day. Else Jet Lag will follow you for several more days.