There’s still hope to get receipt numbers from H1B Visa 2015 lottery.
I will be publishing H1B Visa 2015 Receipt Numbers and Updates, News in this page day by day (sometimes multiple times per day).
Tracking H1B Visa 2015 Receipt Numbers and Updates
May 7, 2014
When you guys were giving up hope, on H1B Visa 2015 receipt numbers, here’s come a refreshing update straight from USCIS
USCIS said they may be issuing Premium Processing H-1 receipts till 21 May and non PP till 30 May or so. via Twitter @immigrationcom
May 2, 2014
Official news :USCIS announced today that data entry of all FY15 H-1B cap petitions has been completed. USCIS will now begin returning all H-1B cap petitions that were not selected in the lottery. U.S. businesses use the H-1B program to employ foreign workers in occupations that require highly specialized knowledge in fields such as science, engineering, and computer programming.
April 28, 2014
USCIS Started approving H1b applications. First comment was in approval came today.
April 23, 2014
Update from Attorney : AD/Regular processing snail mail receipt was post marked April 10, 2014. Receipt was received last week. This changes the who processing math we had so far.
April 22, 2014
- Premium Processing – Advanced Degree – Notification complete or almost complete (email notification)
- Premium Processing – General Cap – Notification complete or almost complete (email notification)
- Regular Processing – Advanced Degree – Receipt coming via snail mail
- Regular Processing – General Cap – No Updates
Above is my observation based on receipt notices updates posted by readers.
April 21, 2014
- People reporting receipt numbers for Advanced degree – Regular processing via snail mail ( no email ).
- No updates Non Advanced Degree – regular processing.
- USCIS alert that on 4/28/14 it will begin premium processing for H-1B petitions subject to the FY2015 cap, including H-1B petitions seeking an exemption from the fiscal year cap for individuals who have earned a U.S. master’s degree or higher.
April 16, 2014
- USCIS is notifying Premium Processing Petitions selected in lottery
- Both Advanced Degree and Regular Cap Applications have received updates.
- I haven’t seen non premium processing notifications yet.
April 11, 2014
April 10, 2014
April 7, 2014:
- USCIS announces – H1B Cap Reached
- No Cap Numbers published
April 5, 2014 :
- I searched around for latest updates and none found.
- Bye Bye Vancouver. We are driving to Seattle in next 30 minutes.
- Went to university of British Columbia yesterday. Campus was Beautiful.
April 4, 2014 :
- No updates from USCIS on H1B Cap Count Numbers.
- Second petition can be filed if affected by delivery, but it should reach USCIS by Monday. (AILA).
- Updated from Vancouver, Canada
April 3, 2014 :
Following updates is from AILA.
USIS informed AILA that due to the reported courier delivery problems with FY2015 H-1B petitions, USCIS will accept a second H-1B petition in certain limited circumstances. Specifically, for cap-subject petitions that were timely filed, if, upon inquiry, the carrier indicates that there may be a delivery delay or the package has been damaged, the petitioner may file a second H-1B petition with:
- A new fee;
- An explanation as to why the second petition is being filed, with supporting evidence (such as the notice from the carrier); and
- A request to withdraw the first H-1B cap petition.
USCIS will return the withdrawn petitions with the fee, even if they have already been receipted.
Petitions that do not include the above-referenced items will be treated as duplicate petitions and will be denied or revoked, and USCIS will not refund the filing fees. Please also note that if the FY2015 cap is met within the first five business days of April, USCIS will reject all petitions received after April 7, 2014, including duplicate H-1B petitions filed in accordance with these instructions.
April 2, 2014
- There is no update from USCIS.
- Overnight Delivery companies reported to have delivered large volumes of applications.
- Some H1B applications packages could have been damaged or delivered but not scanned. (AILA)
April 1, 2014
- No Updates from USCIS
Immigration Attorney’s should have mailed the H-1B Visa package on Monday (March 31, 2014) to California and Vermont USCIS service centers.
FedEx and UPS should have carried thousand’s ( over 100,000) H1B Visa applications to respective USCIS service centers for delivery today.
It’s not easy to process so many applications by USCIS in a single day. Typically private contractors are hired to handle huge volumes of H1B visa applications on month of April.
USCIS will give an update about
- Number of General H1B Application Received
- Number of Advanced Degree Applications received
- When Quota was reached
- When H-1B Visa lottery will be conducted
Last Year – Regular Processing
Last year, USCIS sent notices for Regular Processing only in June 2013. That’s 3 months wait time to even know if H1B petitions was selected in the lottery.
If you need an earlier update, then convert the application to Premium Processing.
Sometime early next week. Till then we will be in dark.
I’m sure if you have applied for H1B Visa, your hearts will be pounding to know the results of H-1B Visa lottery results.
Following the links below for related articles in this series