> Following post was shared by Ajay who applied for PhD in Pharmacy in USA to 6 Universities.
I applied for fall 2012 to following universities in USA
- Virginia commonwealth university
- Northeastern university
- university of Pittsburgh
- suny buffalo
- university of Mississippi
- university of Missouri Kansas city.
- GRE 285 first attempt, 290 second.
- TOEFL 84.
- B.pharm 70% m.pharm gpa 6.37/10 percentage 73%.
- one research article and one review article publications.
I emailed to all of my professors on which two professors gave me a good reply and two others denied.
I was given admit for masters in Pittsburgh though but denied for PhD. I don’t have work experience, its been just two months for me in work right now. Broken down as hell, i am planning to apply again for this spring, please advice on my profile friends.
I cant afford the tuition fee for MS. That is why i did my masters degree.
PhD in Pharmacy in USA
I suggest you read the following articles about PhD Admission
- How to Apply for PhD in USA – Complete Guide
- Life of PhD Students in USA
- 6 Golden Rules: University Selection for PhD
- Steps to Complete PhD [Milestone and Timeline]
I think your GRE score is low for applying for PhD.
I would apply for MS, come to USA then convert to PhD. But, you already have MS, so I would suggest improving your profile (GRE and Research experience).