How do you answer this question in the F1 Visa Interview?
I am Gopi, I am an active member of this blog for the past 6 months.
I have taken my GRE and TOEFL exams and got 307 and 83 respectively. I have got admission to WKU and received I020 too.
I am now preparing for F1 visa interview.
I wish to say that your blogs has given much more information regarding the steps need to be taken and the documents need to be shown.
Many said that the officials may ask questions related to Why I have chosen USA for grad studies and why not other countries?
And why I opted specifically for this Fall term and all. I do not know how to answer these ques or what they may expect while I answer these. Please give information about this.
Gopi, you certainly have a good set of questions
Why do you want to study in USA?
After reading your questions, instead of thinking about how to answer your questions, I had a different thought process.
Let me ask you a few more questions that will help you find an amazing answer.
- You mean to say that you applied to US universities or want to study in US without knowing why you want to study in US?
- Looks like you applied to Fall semester without knowing the reason behind that?
Let’s be logical here.
In your case, you have received admission, but have no clue why you want to study in the US.
I’m not trying to discourage you or others who have similar questions. But, think logically before asking questions.
Because your discovery will lead to answers.
It’s pretty simple actually.
Ask yourself the following questions.
Why do you want to study in the USA?
I’m lacking technical skills and I want to Study MS in Computer Science.
What technical skills are you lacking?
I want to major in robotics. I don’t have good programming skills.
What specific languages do you want to get good at?
I want to get good at Java and Python.
If you happen to ask such questions, you find the answer to your F1 Visa interview questions.
I have said several times in the previous blog posts, that don’t make up new answers for Student visa interview.
It was frustrating to see professional engineers and students who have high ambitions to travel halfway around the world, spend a lot of money for quality education. But, they find it difficult to answer some basic questions about why study in the USA.
You have all the answers. You just need to get it out from you. You can ask the right questions and you will get the right answers.
Series: F1 Visa Interview Questions and Answers
- 101 F1 Visa Interview Questions and Answers
- Answers to Two Most Common F1 Visa Interview Questions
- An answer – Why Study in This University
- Why Do You Want to Study in the USA (this article)
- Answers to 3 Most Important F1 Visa Interview Questions
- 6 Lessons I Learned from My Student Visa Interview for University of Houston
- The Best F1 Visa Mock Interview Questions & Answers – UCLA