This exam is based on a comprehensive practice analysis conducted to determine critical knowledge, skills and abilities of physical therapists along with other requirements.
Here are some of the Best NPTE Test Prep books.
Best NPTE Books
- National Physical Therapy Examination Review & Study Guide – O’Sullivan
- Blue Book: IER Exam Preparation Physical Therapy Course Manual 3.0
- Red Book: Physical Rehabilitation (O’Sullivan, Physical Rehabilitation)
- Orthopedic Physical Assessment – Magee
- Therapeutic Exercise: Foundations and Techniques – Kisner
- PTEXAM: The Complete Study Guide – Scott & Giles
If you follow other books or recommend other NPTE books, do leave a comment. Above listed books were highly recommends by previous NPTE test takers.
What is NPTE Exam?
National physical therapy exam (NPTE) is an important step toward receiving your physical therapist (PT) or physical therapist assistant (PTA) license.
NPTE Review and Study Guide
NPTE Review & Study Guide from TherapyEd’s is the profession’s rated the BEST seller for NPRE exam prep.
Book authors ( Dr. Susan O’Sullivan, Dr. Raymond Siegelman ) are two of the most distinguished educators in the profession.
- Fixed-Date Testing information
- Critical Reasoning Assessment
- Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Imaging Appendix
- Code of Ethics
- Academic Index
- PC and Mac Compatible CD or flash drive
- Rehabilitation for lymphatic disease
- Table of motor learning and training strategies
- Extensive guidelines on standard/universal precautions
- Locomotor training/body weight support systems
- Osteoporosis update including World Health Organization criteria, bone mineral density and intervention
- Musculoskeletal differential diagnosis; kinematic chain tables
- Updates on basic life support and CPR
- Additional information and detail regarding Evidence-based Practice
- Disaster response and planning including PT role
Chapters are Consistent with the Guide to Physical Therapist Practice:
- Musculoskeletal Physical Therapy
- Neuromuscular Physical Therapy
- Cardiovascular Physical Therapy
- Pulmonary Physical Therapy
- Integumentary Physical Therapy
- Other Systems including GI, GU and Metabolic/Endocrine and Psychological Conditions
- Pediatric Physical Therapy
- Geriatric Physical Therapy
- Therapeutic Exercise Foundations
- Physical Agents and Modalities
- Functional Training and Orthotic, Prosthetic and Supportive Devices
- Professional Roles and Management
- Education & Consultation
- Research and Evidence-based Practice
You can learn both test taking strategies and test prep contens with practice test in this book : National Physical Therapy Examination Review & Study Guide