I'm Handicapped, Can I Study and Work in USA?

Raghuram Sukumar Admission 39 Comments

I’m handicapped how is my studies in USA and jobs please give me information.! – Chowdary.

Don’t let your handicap stop you from reaching for your dream of studying and working in USA.

You have the exact same opportunity as anyone else to study, work and live in USA.

F1 Visa and Handicap

As long as you will meet the requirements of Visa approval process, you will be able to get F1 Visa and study in USA.

Requirements for F1 Visa

  • Have a residence abroad, with no immediate intention of abandoning that residence;
  • Intend to depart from the United States upon completion of the course of study; and
  • Possess sufficient funds to pursue the proposed course of study.

F1 Visa page will give you more details.

One of my close friend got visa and he’s still in USA. Being Handicap will not lower your chances of getting visa or a job.


  1. Hi Sir. I am physically challenged (right leg is poip affected) and working on the post of Accounts officer. I am with Delhi Government since 24 years. Do I have any opportunity in US after taking Voluntary retirement. I am having the degree of B.Com Hons, ICWA ( INTER) and Subordinate Accounts Service( SAS).

  2. Hai
    My name is Golla Lakshmanarao from andhrapradesh, I am graduate Bsc medical laboratory technician and I have two years experienced in medical laboratory technician works I’m interested work in abroad and I’m physically handicapped person please help me for jobs how to apply for abroad jobs

  3. Respected sir/mam..my name is anjana rani..i live in punjab distt hoshiarpur..I am Physical handicapped. My left leg polio..but i am educated..i am doing B.A M.A MSC IT.MCA…AND I have experinced for 10 year work in computer oprator….pls help i want to fulfill my dreams doing work in abroad…pls suggestion me…any work me for abroad..thanku

  4. Im handicap i want to fullfil my dreams study in aboard wht shuld i do im +2 Pass 2009 wht shuld i do to fllw my dreams i thnk its not possible***

  5. Hello sir ,i am from india and i am physically handicapped from right hand and right leg ,i want to study and work in USA ,help me sir

  6. hi sir/mam
    my self Rajmohmad I’m completed B.com but I’m one of the handicap student sir (there is no my left hand ) I need job USA can I got the Visa

  7. Hi I am Anuradha

    I am psychically handicap form birth I have experience working in computers
    I want to get a job in USA. How can I?

  8. Hi,
    Am Subrata Kirtunia from Bangladesh. Am handicap ( left leg impution ) . I complet diploma “state madical fucalty course”(radiotharapy). I want study this subject higher degree and job usa. How can possible? How to apply visa?
    Please help me

  9. Hi my name is john. I am disabled and i use a electronic wheelchair. I am currently working in India. But I want to work overseas. I am a graduate. Can i get a good job and Which country would be the best for me?

  10. Hi, I am Hemant. Actually here I am gonna explain about my physical problem that the feet of my right leg is curve like and I can walk easily not fluently as other normal people but I can do everything as other normal people can do.In this condition can I get study and working visa for USA? Please reply fast.

  11. hello sir
    i am mechanical engineer my left arm not fully open but it open maximum . its not create any problem to do anything
    and am act likely norman men
    so plz tell me which country can i apply for job
    thank yoi

  12. Hi Sir, I am a student. I want to study and work in USA but i am a polio victim so i have problem with my right leg. In short everything is ok but i cant walk like other normal people. In such condition can i apply for visa?

  13. Dear sir I have lost my right hand in a accident but now I am ok and I want to go abroad on a work visa plz tell me which country is good for me for work and can I eligible for work visa plz helo me

    1. Author

      Hello Aryan, USS is very good when it comes to helping people like you and facilities are good as well.

  14. Your Comment *
    I’m physically disabled person , I want to study ms in abroad like usa so is there any possible chances to do also my friend got university seat in texas he is now there also I wanna go there so please tell me the process and also please tell if I want to go by tourist visa what’s the actual process plz help me

  15. hi sir I am Mani I am handicap my life arm not work but I work UK . …. kya me vise le sakta hun yan nahi I want work vise .

  16. Hi, if a person is disabled, shall we need to check the option “Do you have a mental or physical disorder that poses or is likely to pose a threat to the safety or welfare of yourself or other” as Yes? My brother is blind in one eye but can see well with another eye.

    1. Author

      I din;t think you should check this. They are asking of you will be “dangerous to others”. You may have to seek help from an Attorney before checking that options.

  17. Im handicap i want to fullfil my dreams study in aboard wht shuld i do im +2 Pass 2015 wht shuld i do to fllw my dreams i thnk its not possible***

      1. Hi Raghuram sir . I got my Visa approved last week on F1 Visa i am a Disable Handicapped .

        My Question is will have any campus jobs in university or will have any problem in getting job after my Ms.

        please update

        Thank you

        1. Author

          U.S. campus are friendly for disabled. You should be able to find a job.

  18. Hi,

    My name is priya..completed MBA from Osmania university,having 6 yrs experience in ITES . I want to do MBA in USA. Can you give some information abt the colleges ,visa processing,and life in US for challenged people like me……

    1. Hi Lakshmi, You will come across many relevant posts for the information you look for. For specific queries on profile evaluation and University selection, feel free to post queries in the forums section.
      As of now plz check the following posts useful for you:
      All the best!

  19. To what schools can I apply with a GMAT score of 660 (first attempt)? Schools in Europe or Australasia are preferable. I have an engineering degree in electronics from Madras University (64%) and an MBA in marketing from BIM trichy (CGPA 2.38 / 4). X – 84% XII – 88%.

  20. Handicapped persons are treated with utmost respect in the USA. All campus facilities are equipped with support systems for physically challenged persons. US has the best infrastructure to take care of you, so go ahead and live your dream…Good luck!!!

  21. You don’t have to worry about it. US is a good place and has arrangements everywhere.
    Best of luck ! 🙂
    – Vignesh

  22. In US every where you can reach with wheel chair even you can do shopping ,it is very good for age old & handicapped person also sp.toilet is provided every where .this should be done in india also.

  23. Well yes you can why not, the whole place is very friendly to hadicapped, the buses lift the wheel chair all u need to do is reach the busstop, the pavements ways evrything is very guud, j mean whole infrastructure is good.

    And its a nice place, i had a tester from infosys working in our office and he was in a similar spot. Prople are more caring and concerned. All u need to think of is have the right frineds here..!!

Leave a Comment - Your Thoughts Counts

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.