When you have a shadow of thought about Higher Education in foreign country, you need to ask yourself why study abroad?
Questions that you ask yourself about why study abroad, will clear your mind, move you in the right direction to make the best decision about your future and career.
There are several advantages to studying abroad. But, it might not apply to you.
When you ask the right questions to yourself, it can open-up so many possibilities, that leads to betterment of your future.
Following question was posted in Facebook Fanpage – Why Study Abroad?
Why Study Abroad?
Several fans responded with the questions they asked about studying abroad.
- Is it worth going? If it is worth going i will have millions of questions after that..!! But first step would be making my mind if that’s worth or not.
- Can i afford my education?
- How would i be in future in my country
- Do i come back and can get settled here?
- Am i prepared to make the required sacrifices ?
- Would i be able to make through it or not
- Is it worth it, would i be able to handle it there, and a lot of other questions.
- Am I love to study more? Do I wanna invent something new?
- I did not want to go, but you have to make sacrifices to achieve your goals…that s all I explained to myself at that time…and I am happy 🙂
- Do i want to study in india – a country where quotas race caste gender are more important than talent?
- A clear ans was no! So USA was a pretty clear choice.
- Would the country of my future univ be hospitable to an indian 😀
- Is the university better than what I can get in India?
- Is it worth the money and effort?
- Can I get a good job if I come back to India?
- Can I get a job in US?
- What I can earn in 4-5 years of work in US be equal to or higher than a work up to retirement in India?
- Can I stay with my parents or at least, take them to US?If I can’t stay with my parents, then, is the salary in US be enough to afford many to and fro flight tickets?
- Will I get a good job in my hometown which allows me to stay with my family or will I have to settle somewhere else in India?
- Last but not the least — Will I be able to lead a happier life?
- Best Rule – Before doing something always ask yourself: If the juice is worth the squeeze???
- Can I stay away from my family and friends
- Will i get visa what is chances of getting visa?
Above 23 questions on why study abroad was shared by HSB fans.
Here are few more questions you need to ask before deciding to study abroad.
- Do I have enough capacity to stay away from parents, family members.
- Does my family have enough money to support my education?
- What if I have to come back with huge education loan?
- I was an average student in college, can I raise my academic standards?
- Do I have self-confidence and courage to travel half way around the world?
- Will I have enough determination to go through the new way of life and change?
- Do I really need to study abroad according to my career goals?
- What is my ultimate goal after MS – Job or Business or MBA?
- What if my visa is denied?
- When did I last push the boundaries and can I push again while studying abroad?
- What job would I love to do and can I find same job abroad?
- Studying abroad – Is is just another dream or you want to make it a reality?
Over To You
Did you ask any of the above why study abroad questions?
Did you find an honest answers your questions?
Did you ask any questions that were not listed in the list?
Even with any number of questions, there should be an “it factor” that made you say..”thats it..I’m going to study abroad”. What was that “it factor”?