Track the latest H1B Visa 2016 cap count updates in this page as that are announced by USCIS or new data is updated at H1B Visa Tracker.
April 7, 2015 – Cap Reached
Breaking News – H1B Visa 2016 cap has been reached.
There’s no update from USCIS on total H1B Visa 2016 cap count.
The most surprising part is they news came even before close of business of April 7, 2015.
Please stay tuned for more details.
We have reached the congressionally mandated H-1B cap for FY 2016 http://t.co/RTja7POWYY
— USCIS (@USCIS) April 7, 2015
Here’s the latest news update
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) has reached the congressionally mandated H-1B cap for fiscal year (FY) 2016. USCIS has also received more than the limit of 20,000 H-1B petitions filed under the U.S. advanced degree exemption.
USCIS will use a computer-generated process, also known as the lottery, to randomly select the petitions needed to meet the caps of 65,000 visas for the general category and 20,000 for the advanced degree exemption.
USCIS will first randomly select petitions for the advanced degree exemption. All unselected advanced degree petitions will become part of the random selection process for the 65,000 general limit. The agency will reject and return filing fees for all unselected cap-subject petitions that are not duplicate filings.
Before running the lottery, USCIS will complete initial intake for all filings received during the filing period, which ended April 7. Due to the high number of petitions, USCIS is not yet able to announce the date it will conduct the random selection process.
This is breaking news update. Once I have more details, I will update in this page.
April 13, 2015 – Cap Count
- 2300,000 Total H1B Visa Applications
- Lottery Completed.
Here’s the update from USCIS
April 14, 2015 – Premium Processing
- USCIS revised Premium Processing Start Date
- Premium Processing to begin from April 27, 2015 ( not May 11, 2015)
- Applies to both General and Advanced Degree Cap.
April 14, 2015 – Premium Receipts
- Premium processing receipt numbers are coming from USCIS to attorneys.
This is breaking news update. Stay tuned for more news about receipt numbers and lottery results.
April 21, 205 – Non-Premium Processing Receipts
- First Advanced Degree, Regular Processing Receipt was reported today.
- Following comment posted at H1B 2016 Premium Processing Receipts.
April 22, 2015
- Advanced Degree, Regular Processing Receipt Numbers started coming in
April 23, 2015
- Receipt numbers via SEVIS ID record is not available due to high volume of requests
H1B Data Entry is Complete – May 5, 2015
Data Entry is Complete. Which means they have generated Receipt Numbers for all selected H1B Visa petitions.
In next few days ( maximum one week) all the receipt numbers will be mailed out. If you don’t get receipt numbers in next few days, then you are out of luck.
Here’s the News Release and Twitter Update
May 6, 2015 – H1B Return Package Reported
- First report of H1B Package returned from USCIS was reported on May 6, 2015
- Here’s the screenshot of comment posted by a reader
June 25, 2015 – Package Returns are Slow
- Several H1B Visa applicants are waiting for Packages back
- Only few applicants reported H1B package with VRN number.
Next – Track Your H1B Application Status at H1B Visa Tracker.