List of top 10 Urban Planning School Rankings (as per Planetizen Rankings system).
Top 10 Urban Planning School Rankings is based on a combination of statistical data collected from the programs themselves and opinion data gathered from planning educators by Planetizen.
What is Urban Planning
Urban, city, and town planning integrates land use planning and transportation planning to improve the built, economic and social environments of communities. Regional planning deals with a still larger environment, at a less detailed level. Urban planning can include urban renewal, by adapting urban planning methods to existing cities suffering from decay and lack of investment.
Top Urban School Rankings
Best Urban Planning school rankings for 2012.
|Top 10 Urban Planning School Rankings|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology|
|Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey|
|University of California, Berkeley|
|University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign|
|University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill|
|University of Southern California|
|Georgia Institute of Technology|
|University of California, Los Angeles|
|University of Pennsylvania|
Above Ranking is based on 2012 Top Urban Planning School Rankings Guide.
Other Top Urban Planning Schools
- Clemson University
- University of Delaware
- Virginia Tech
- California State University, Northridge
- University of California, Irvine
- Master of Urban & Regional Planning
- Master of Arts in Urban Planning
Urban Planning Programs at MIT
- The Master in City Planning (MCP) program is the largest degree program at MIT.
- Accepts 55-60 new students each fall.
- Approximately 12 PhD candidates join the Department each year.
- Urban planning Rank – 1
Urban Planning at Cornell
- Urban planning Rank – 2
- Offers Bachelors in Urban and Regional Studies, Masters and PhD