CBP Officers Deported this Indian Student flying via Air India to attend Graduate School at Wright State University. He claims that he’s been given five years ban from entering theUSA. You can hear from the student directly about his experience at the Port of Entry in the interview. There’re some interesting twist and lessons you can learn from his experience.
Reports in the media claim that 200 students have been denied entry into America. It all started when Air Indian did not allow 19 students to board the flight, claiming they would be deported for attending blacklisted universities.
Before you watch this interview, I want to make it very clear, that I’m not judging the student or the CBP officer. I’m just the messenger, trying to spread the news about what happened from this the student’s point of view.
Deported – Wright State University : Watch the Interview
- University – Wright State University, Ohio
- Travel – Hyderabad to Dayton, Ohio
- Port of Entry – O’Hare Chicago International Airport
- Airline: Air India
- Landed in Chicago on Dec 25, 2015
- Spent about 10 hours with CBP
- Denied entry after CBP officers looked at his Mobile Phone and Certificates
- Listen to the interview and decide why he was denied entry.
- Students going to Iowa State University was also denied entry
Urgent Message he wanted to convey:
Students going to universities other than SVU and NPU was also denied entry into the USA at the Port of Entry.
There’s a difference between Denied Entry and Deported. Deportation comes with a ban from entering the USA. If the person voluntarily withdraws, then that person can apply for Visa and come to USA. I don’t know if he was denied or deported. You can watch the previous interview with the student who was denied entry for travelling to SVU, she was Denied Entry and she can apply for visa again.