I have read so many US interviews experiences in Mumbai Consulate about 221g and Visa Rejections after a long wait.
I had gone for visa interview on 7th June, Mumbai 7.45 am
There were 2 officers wearing suit had arranged all the people according to their visa category in line.
Then we had told to be prepared with our I-20 and passport only in our hand. Then we had taken to the first building for security checkup.
- F1 Visa Administrative Processing – Why do they issue 221g?
Then my turn came, my visa officer was a young lady
VO and Me Simultaneously: Good morning (with smiling)
VO: Your I-20 and Passport
Me: here it is.
VO: So why US?
Me: For perusing my PhD degree.
VO: You have done your masters?
VO: When did you have finished your masters?
Me: June 2011
VO: What were you doing till now?
Me: I was doing job in ABC Company
VO: Which University you are going to?
VO: Why this University?
Me: I am very much interested in work going on at the lab of XYZ professor
VO: Did this professor have talked to you?
(Then for about 5-7 min she was typing and looking in the screen, at this time I was scared and praying because my mom and dad had green card and my mom had filed petition for me and I did mention that in DS160)
VO: Who is funding you?
(Again she typed some thing in computer)
VO: Everything is OK but for administrative purpose please submit this documents via email.
She had given me my passport, I20 and Green 221(g) slip containing list of documents that I need to email with detailed procedure I need to follow for doing this to track the 221(g) status.
I had emailed the documents on 11th June.
My case status was updated on 27th June (16 days of 221g Processing).
Submitted my passport at nearest VAC on 28th June.
Administrative Processing is just an added step in the visa interview process.
We can’t really tell, what triggers 221(g) process and why it takes several days for Visa approval.
Always, plan to attend the visa interview at the earliest and that’s true if you may fall under TAL List.
Related Articles: F1 Visa and Administrative Processing
- F1 Visa Rejected After Administrative Processing
- F1 Visa Interview and 221g Issued Due to Robotics Major
- 221g White Slip as Expected for F1 Visa for PhD
- F1 Visa Administrative Processing Time
- F1 Visa – 221g – Mumbai Consulate for Security Check
- F1 Visa – 221g at Chennai Consulate
- F1 Visa 221g Administrative PhD in Biology at US Embassy Delhi
- Visa Approved in Mumbai Consulate After 221g
- F1 Visa Approved for PhD in Biological Science without 221g