I would like to share my whole Student visa experience to America till now with Happy Schools. I would like to thank HSB for every way this blog helped me.
Firs thing about VISA interview. I reached there at 7.30 AM, but my appointment was of 9.00. I stood outside waiting for the call of 9.00 AM slot.
- F1 Visa Administrative Processing – From Reasons to Approval Chance
Finally at 8:45 security guards put some slip of 9.00AM. And I went to join the queue. Here they were checking appointment and passport.
I put my file in one tray, and wallet and my pen as told by security. Then I went inside. I got token from there and one guy stapled my I-20 passport, SEVIS fee a and black slip of HDFC receipt (the 3rd one).
I was waiting for my number it displayed on the board and I went through the corridor into a new building. In this new building visa, interviews were going on. I went to one counter one lady asked to give the docs which were stapled together.
I gave her she made the entry in her computer. Then She said to go to another counter for your fingerprints. After fingerprints, I was waiting for my number.
Now the story starts, one girl and one boy were sitting beside me.
They started talking about their friend’s experience. They were talking about the rejection of their friends and girl started taking tension of that. She was saying “Oh! God help me out. I hope I will get this.”
I will request you guys, please don’t concentrate on the people like this, they will try to make your moral down.
Now at another counter one young Visa Officer, she was asking 4-5 questions and rejecting most of the students. Now I was expecting my number. I went there one guy who was before me he was going for some biodiesel work. He got accepted finally my turn came.
With a smile I wished him.
Me: Good morning (made eye contact with VO)
VO: Good morning, how are you doing?
Me: I am doing (then I don’t know what happend I was stopped nothing was coming out of my mouth). Then again I said, I am doing fine thank you for asking.
VO: He smiled, even I was smiling.
Vo: Why USA?
Me: To pursue my PhD.
VO: PhD in what subject.
Me: (I realized that now he will issue me pink slip). I said PhD in biology.
Vo: What are you doing currently?
Me: I am pursuing my Masters in Biotechnology. (Now i was damn sure He will put me in 221g)
VO: Who is funding you?
Me: I am getting scholarship in the form of assistantship, along with that if needed my fater will sponsor me.
VO: Wat does your father do?
ME: I said about my fathers work and income.
At last he said something, I was unable to hear, but I was able to hear that It will take some time in administrative checking.
Finally, he said: go to last counter. On that counter, one Indian gave me the pink slip and asked to submit all the documents online via email.
I told her I have all the documents expect itinerary, can you give me one A4 size sheet on which I can write and I asked her is it applicable?
She said yes and gave me 3 pages. And I wrote on those papers and gave it back to with my documents.
I would like to tell you the points which I thought you must keep in mind.
- Be confident maintain eye contact with the smile while moving towards VO.
- Greet him/her.
- Don’t indulge yourself with unnecessary talk as the girl was doing who was sitting beside me. Sometimes it can demoralize you.
- Think, you are a genuine candidate and going for study.
- Please don’t go to any consultancy for the visa documentation and visa interview preparation.
- Please do some homework and try to do yourself.
I was expecting Administrative Processing and I took all the documents with me based on the Pink Slip that was issued for my friends.
Related Articles: F1 Visa and Administrative Processing
- F1 Visa Rejected After Administrative Processing
- F1 Visa Interview and 221g Issued Due to Robotics Major
- 221g White Slip as Expected for F1 Visa for PhD
- F1 Visa Administrative Processing Time
- F1 Visa – 221g – Mumbai Consulate for Security Check
- F1 Visa – 221g at Chennai Consulate
- F1 Visa 221g Administrative PhD in Biology at US Embassy Delhi
- Visa Approved in Mumbai Consulate After 221g
- F1 Visa Approved for PhD in Biological Science without 221g